A member of the Law Institute of Victoria and the Victorian Women Lawyers Association, Serenay has a passion for Elder Law and advocating for the most venerable members of our community through Pro Bono contributions.
Serenay leads the Wills and Estates team, helping clients navigate and prepare for life’s most enjoyable and testing moments and is currently studying a Master of Laws majoring in Wills and Estates/Litigation at the College of Law.
Serenay’s experience is as follows:
- Preparing simple and complex Wills.
- Preparing testamentary trust Wills and succession planning.
- Preparing enduring powers of attorney/advanced care directions.
- Preparing Appointments for Medical Treatment Decision Maker.
- Providing advice in relation to the rights and obligations of an attorney pursuant to an enduring power of attorney.
- Providing advice in relation to guardianship and administration matters.
- Initiating recovery proceedings against parties who misappropriated funds/property whilst they were appointed as an attorney or administrator.
- Acting for vulnerable clients in various matters.
- Obtaining grants of probate/letters of administration in Victoria, Western Australia, and South Australia.
- Administering complex estates.
- Advising beneficiaries as to their entitlements in a Deceased estate.
- Family provision applications.
- Construction/rectification applications.
- Forensic accounting and commercial disputes involving Deceased shareholdings.
- Investigation of misappropriation by executors/trustees.
- Equitable estoppel claims.
- Superannuation claims.
- Strike-out applications in both the County and Supreme Court of Victoria.
- Issuing/defending Will validity claims involving forensic evidence.